Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Zoo, China and the 4th Grade.

We went to the zoo with our friends today. Kairis and I love going on fun adventures together, and today was no exception. It was crisp and cool out--with a bright shining sun. It couldn't have been better. We even got to see the Red Apes and the Lions this morning--two animals that aren't usually well seen.

No news about China yet. Tim and I are digesting large amounts of information about China from a variety of non-fiction books, memoirs, etc. along with enjoying lots of BBC and Discovery documentaries on China. We are growing more and more fond of this mysterious country....though, I must admit, some new things we've learned recently about the country are less than cool. Human manure for one. I'll just leave it at that.

Tim is enjoying student teaching in the 4th grade. I think I've cried on average 3x a week hearing some of the stories he's sharing about his students, experiences and their families. He's teaching at a Title 1 school, which basically means the school receives more govt. grants and funding due to the impoverished community in which this school serves. Folks, it's a tough world out there. My growing admiration and appreciation toward public school teachers is larger than I'd have expected it to ever be and Tim's only been teaching for about a month.

I'd leave you with lovely pictures if I could....but my iphone is STILL syncing...soo...next time, and sooner than later too.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You were at the zoo today and we were at the rose gardens! We could have met up on the west side :)

Unknown said...

Yahoo! You commented! Lol, I love your profile picture...gorgeous!

kyla said...

I love being able to see what's new with you guys by reading your blog! I can't wait to hear about China :)