Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Yikes!

The highlights of our week: (the good, bad and the ugly!)

1. Heidi got the stomach flu last week. Not so great of a highlight--but, thought you'd be interested anyway :) I guess I'm doomed (until my Shaklee vitamins arrive in the mail!!) when I care for 4 girls 3 and under, 2 of which are exposed to icky germs in preschool.
2. We are almost done painting our hallway and upstairs. We will finish that tonight, hopefully.
3. Heidi had her Brain MRI last week. For those of you who aren't aware, my blood test results came back recently showing my prolactin levels were elevated, and since I'm not pregnant, my Dr. suggested we do an MRI to check for a Pituitary tumor in the brain. Sounds scary, it was...it is...but things are looking good. I do have a small tumor on the Pituitary gland, and will chat more with my Dr. on the 19th about some options. Sounds like I can take medicine to shrink it, and keep it away. Though, I am researching more natural ways, as the thought of medicine isn't so intriguing.
4. Our first born, Freckles, is missing. She's been gone for over 2 weeks now, and though the Missing Cat posters are up everywhere...we've had no luck in finding her. After balling my eyes out with Tim last night, we are ready to make a memorial for her I think. Of course, we've not given up hope of her returning to us either. But, as the days pass, the more unsettled we feel. Just pray for us right now, it's a rough time without our fiesty one.
5. Tim has some new work possibilities opening up for him...another thing to pray about. I'll let him share if he'd like.

As for the future:

1. We're going snowshoeing Saturday to find our Christmas tree...you know, the real kind that you have to cut down yourself. Yeah, we live in Oregon. Enough said. :)
We'll post pictures of our crazy endeavor.

-H

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm sorry to hear about Freckles. I know that has to be hard for you. Okay, am I missing something? A tumor in your brain? Is that not as serious as it sounds? You sounded so casual about it! Explain further, please. You're freaking me out!

-Kristi

Angel said...

Glad to hear that things are not as bad as they seemed for a while.
In regards to Freckles, when Chris and I lost Gracie, we were comforted with the fact that God knows all. He knows when even a sparrow falls, so He knows where Freckles is.
At least it isn't you and that is what I am thankful for. :-)