Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Halloween!



We had a fun time celebrating Kairis' first Halloween. Well, in all honesty, she fell asleep before we even got our first set of trick-or-treaters, and she spent about a grand total of 3.5 minutes in her costume....but it was still a memory!


Other news...I started class again, and Kairis rolled over for the first time on Halloween morning. She's also growing this strong attachment to me and is giving Tim a rough time in the evenings. Hope that comes to pass soon, as it's wearing on us this week, and doesn't really make quality time with Tim very fun! (nor is it good for our dinner...I burned everything tonight as I was trying to console a fussy girl who didn't want her daddy)


We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, and just spending these holidays with our new little girl. We're excited about all of the "firsts" with her...like cutting our own tree, christmas decorating, thanksgiving turkey, our traditional blessing box reveal, listening to christmas music (all day long, when Tim's at work! :) ) wearing christmas pajamas....well, I should clarify; having Kairis wear christmas pajamas. Okay, I'm just rambling now...more later!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay..not that you asked for advice or opinions...but I'm really good at unsolicited advice. =) I would venture to guess that Kairis is more attached to you and giving Tim a hard time because of the spending so much time with you in the sling.

And we all know why it's Kairis wearing Christmas pajamas and not you! =)

Leah said...

Oh!! I just got the pajama thing Kristi! =) I think, if it's what I think you mean...beach trip topic?

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

hey now, you two! I think regardless of the sling/baby-wearing thing, since I spend so much more time with her during the day, dad's a "new face" at night that she's still figuring out. :) He does her night-time feeding and routine every night, but I think it's just the mere fact of less time-vs. more-time with mom. :)

Anonymous said...

I think that we should all pitch in and get Heidi a pair of footed p.j.'s for Christmas! Or maybe a really long flannel nightgown with matching cap. :)

I am sure that she (Kairis) will pass through this phase soon. She sure looks like she adores her Daddy in the last photo! Precious!!!

Anonymous said...

I also meant to say that it may be the time of day that she is having a hard time with and it just happens that Tim is helping with her then. They used to call the early evening 'Grandma hour' because babies would fuss right as moms were making dinner and the grandma would have to step in and help with the baby.

lani said...

hey! you two match! ;)

Amie said...

You wouldn't tell Kairis' preference for Mommy by the look of that last photo of her and Daddy. It is adorable!

The first Christmas is so much fun!! Have fun!

Rejchrts said...

Love the new pics. Her costume is cute, no matter how long she wore it. I would go for the footed pj's too unless you remember our conversation the other night at Wii and tea!!!

mary said...

That is the cutest, most beautiful flower I've ever seen!