Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kairis' first camping trip!

"I can't believe we hadn't done this earlier...." is what ran through Tim and I's mind on our camping trip last weekend. We went with our church, Grace Community to Champoege State Park for a two night camping excursion. We shared a camp site with my childhood friend, Melinda and her husband, Cole. We spent many hours visiting with friends around the campfire, winning a three legged race (yeah, Tim and I are super coordinated!), winning second place on the balloon toss (Amy and Ivo beat us, but only after three tie breakers!), eating awesome food (gotta love those hotdogs), and sleeping relatively well, considering Tim and I forgot our pillows. Speaking of food, we did enjoy an amazing campfire meal by Jesse Culver...I don't think I'll forget that steak, chicken, potatoes or popcorn anytime soon!!! (and that's saying a lot, as I usually never eat steak!)

Seriously though....church campout was a blast this year. We weren't sure how well Kairis would do, sleeping in a tent with us and all. She was her usual sweet self though, and adapted very well. She slept in my Ergo carrier during the day for naps and fell asleep in it again at night for bedtime, and we laid her down in the pack-n-play when we went to bed...which was around 1am each night I think. She slept great, and didn't seem bothered by our sleeping arrangements in the least. She thoroughly enjoyed roaming around in the dirt and grass during the day too. :) We're already talking about our next camping trip....and hope it to be soon, before the summer comes to an end! Unfortunately, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.....if I get some more from anyone I'll be sure and post them.




2 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Thank you sweetie for making the camp-out enjoyable for us both. You are amazing! Besides putting bags in the car, you did all the rest and if all we forgot was pillows, that's proof you did a great job! K and I love you and definitely look forward to our next camp-ou, and we do hope it is soon.

Love ya!

-T

lani said...

aw, glad you guys had fun! :)