Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Weekend

Happy New Year! Tim and I enjoyed our second 3 day weekend in a row together. I think Christmas and New Year's Day need to fall on Monday's every year! I guess Friday's would be allright too :) Here are a few of the highlights:

1. Waking up at 5am to head to the REI used gear sale. (After hitting Dutch Brothers for FREE coffee of course)!!
2. Midnight shopping with Tim at Walmart...hey, it's the one time of year I can actually justify going into that store! (You would too if you only knew the Christmas clearance sale items that are practically give-aways)!!!
3. Playing Apples-to-Apples with our college group Sunday night and on into Monday morning.
4. Snowshoeing Monday afternoon with Tim
5. Trying out my new shoeshoes that we bought last year for a third of the cost, and realizing they are 10x easier to put on then my older ones.

Tim and I are looking forward to new beginnings this year! A few changes already...Tim's started his new job; I'll let him expand on this one. I'm cutting back my hours at the end of March, and probably returning to school 5 months earlier than expected. More to come on this new development....
I've decided on going the "natural" route with my medication, after having some icky side effects last week (fainting!). I have an appt. with a Naturopath Physician in SE on Saturday. I have also started some new supplements along with my others that I am confident will help. Tim and I feel this is a better decision at this point, and are looking forward to this new plan. 2007, here we come!

1 comment:

mary said...

Awesome pictures! Sounds like you guys have had a wonderful set of holidays!! Good luck with your treatment, your still in our prayers! Keep us posted!