Well, as You can see, Heidi was surprised! (well sorta, it is a dark photo)
She got an A on her Math and I told her we'd do something special. (little did she know, that I was already ahead of the game and planned a weekend away) I looked at the Trendwest time-share website for a great deal on their golf/ranch resort in Klamath Falls. (Thanks Mom and Dad for the use of your account!) I didn't tell her a ting until it was go time.
We recently bought a more gas efficient car and I was wondering how I was going to pry it away from Heidi Friday to pack it up for our trip. Thankfully, whe was low on gas and "had to get up early to get gas before work" so I volunteered my car as trade. "Oh honey, I'll get gas for you, you take my car." She fell for it hook, line and sinker! so, she left for work at 7:30am and I immediately packed the car with EVERYTHING we would need for a weekend of rollerblading, snowshoing, swimming, hiking... It ALL fit in the trunk and she was none the wiser. (this is our new 91 Corolla with 96k miles.)
When I told her we'd do something special, I suggested dinner out. I thought I would use the "dinner out" idea to get her in the car so we could leave, but we needed to leave earlier since it was a 5 hr drive. So, Friday afternoon she gets home just after I did and I let her water her plants, then tell her I want to show her something and we needed to drive to see it.
Here's the play by play:
"I have to show you something."
"Can I go to the bathroom first?"
"Absolutely."
"Will I need my purse?"
"I already got it."
"You already got it?"
"Yup, let's go!"
"Where are we going?"
"you'll see when we get there."
"Talk to me!"
"We're going to Klamath Falls."
"We're What?!?"
"We're going to Klamath Falls."
"Are you serious?"
"yup"
"you're not serious."
"We're going to Klamath Falls."
"What?...Well, we need to turn around, I have to pack!"
"Done."
"What?"
"It's all in the trunk."
"clothess?"
"yup"
"toiletries?"
"yup"
"swim suit?"
"yup"
"Well... what about the cats?"
"Lani is coming over to feed them."
"what about my plants?"
"Lani knows how to water plants!"
"Are you serious?"
"Everything is ready, you just need to relax!"
"uh,"
"SURPRISE!"
That's sorta how it went. Thanks again to Joel and Lani for watching the kitties and for watering the plants. It was a great time to get away and talk in the car for 5 hrs as well as just do nothing.
Here are more photos to enjoy.
The Lodge ( where we played on our computers and watched the Final Four)
Some Deer we saw just hanging around...
The Ranch House Resturant that we didn't eat at...
And Klamath Lake
-T
3 comments:
That's awesome! Good job, Tim. The world needs more men like you!
Thanks again, honey--the vacation was a wonderful surprise. I'm so blessed! -H
beautiful! i'm so glad you could get away for a while...
great job pulling everything off, tim - way to be mr organized-prepared-think-of-everything!
:)
Post a Comment