Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Math...odds & ends...

It's been awhile! I have been staring at this blank screen for quite some time now, unsure of what to write about. So, I decided that instead of letting another night pass with me staring at a blank blog screen...I should just share some random updates instead. I just finished my first math test in my second math class. It was EASY. I never thought I'd say that about math. However, I felt extremely confident going into the test, and even more coming out of it. I am so thankful for the foundation that my first class laid for me! I am getting increasingly more excited about Nursing too...it seems so tangible, even though it's still quite some time away. My nanny job that I have had for a couple years now is going well. Sara, the 2.5 year old said the sweetest thing to me today on our walk. We were looking at the flowers, and talking about worms, and slugs, and purple tulips, and she randomly exclaimed that she was going to be a "soccer player just like Shireen {her 4 year old sister} when I grow up". She then proceeded to tell me that she was going to be a Mommy, AND a Daddy. Lastly, but of course, not Leastly...she told me that she wanted to be "just like Heidi when she grows up". It made me smile and appreciate the 2.5 years I've invested into these precious girls' lives. I will miss them terribly in August, but I am also ready for a change of pace, and taking more classes. The women's conference at Grace was last weekend; what a success! I was a greeter and enjoyed meeting 3 new ladies that have been in the Nursing field (specifically Labor and Delivery/NICU) for over 20 years now. Is that a God thing or what? God thoroughly saturated my being last weekend, and I am excited to be living and experiencing tangible changes He's doing right now in my life, as well as in our marriage. I can't remember if I ever blogged about my veggie garden yet...I started my veggie seeds a few weeks ago indoors, and they are growing like crazy! I am so excited to start planting outside soon. I am growing lettuce, long sweet peppers, a medley of bell peppers, cucumbers, broccolli, 5 different kinds of tomatoe plants, corn, chives, parsley, cilantro, basil, and Tim's favorites...3 different kinds of Strawberry plants. It's been an adventure, and our second bedroom is a little out of control at the moment :) I'll post a pic of it soon.

-H

3 comments:

lani said...

looks like we both found inspiration at the same time! :)

knew it would come...

praying for your math class and everything else going on - love you!

lani

mary said...

congrats on your first test! Excited you're doing so well with yucky math!:) We're excited for you working your way towards your nursing dream!!
Good luck with your garden! It sounds so fun!
love you both!

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

I'm proud of you sweetie! great job in math. Guess what! We are going to have yummy tacos tonight!

-T