So Sarah R. Might be pleased with my current musical direction, but her husband Dave would disagree. I never thought there would be a day when me, Timmy T would be behind the drum-set for a quartet of females. Yes, I have had the opportunity to play drums with a variety of people, and there is nothing wrong with females; not even 4, but 4 middle age women singing four-part harmony was far from reality until Monday night.
There I sat behind a shimmering set of Zildjian cymbals pounding out a simple beat while the estrogen flowed in the chorus "Circle of Friends". "Dave would be so disappointed in me" I thought, yet here I was keeping beat to a bad flashback from the mid 90's.
The situation is honorable. I am playing in the worship band for Grace's Women's Retreat, and the choir of female leaders felt this song would be fitting to showcase their talent. So it is not by choice but by default that I find myself playing POG and not POD.
More fun to come so stay tuned!
-T
8 comments:
I'm proud of you honey; I actually heard they were going to make you a wear a wig...maybe you should consider it, so your identity doesn't suffer. :)
Oh, Sure. Lets lower myself to play a bad song and then add humiliation to it! What a great idea!
-T
Boy, am I glad that I am not part of that quartet. Not just for your description of the song, but if I am anywhere near middle age then I am in complete denial. That being said, I can't wait to witness it! (The song, not middle age!) :)
Is this like a serious song for the "retreat"? Or is this a joke? If they seriously have chosen Circle of Friends for the women's lunch(or brunch or whatever it is) then I am even more glad that I will not be in attendance...wow.
we can call you
"pogman, king of the beat!"
hail, pogman.
You know what? I am proud of you for doing something that honors God. Comfortable or not:-)
And I will tell Hannah that you played drums for POG, because she LOVES them!!! Often it is playing in her room, so if anything, be assured in the fact that your neice now thinks you are a superstar!!:-)
Love you bro!!
Angel
Wow, if only I had known your inner passion for POG, I would have harnessed way back when, my friend! I'm giggling out loud now :) Yes, thank you for honoring their selection ... possibly cheesy, and probably a "bit" on the slow side ... maybe they could have chosen some of the newer POG stuff for you to feel less like a 90's throwback band :) I do have to say the mention of that song brings back my pre-ESU days ... Erin, like your niece, loves to listen to the tapes from my quartet days and hear all the POG, Cindy Morgan, Jaci Valesquez, and Sierra she can handle at bedtime. She doesn't sing along much, but give her time, Circle of Friends is one of her favorites! However, she's into "older music", as Bob and Larry Sing the 70s is her most favorite CD of all time! What a nut. Oh the joy you have to experience as parents!!! Thanks for sharing this story ... maybe at the end, you can break out into a POD number for your solo finale or something :) Love you all!
Post a Comment