Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Heehee Who?


Okay, I know this is a corny title, but if you say it out loud in a "nasaly" sort of way, it sounds like the old kind of Lamaze breathing they used to teach back in the day.

So, without further ado, as you probably guessed....Tim and I had our first child birthing class last night. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, and I think Tim was just scared out of his mind about having to watch some freaky bloody video or some such thing. We both walked out, 2.5 hours later feeling very excited and overwhelmed with all of the new information we received. I love the instructor; she's a doula, and a real nurturing spirit. Tim said he'd never seen anyone smile as much as she did. (I think it made him feel a bit uncomfortable :) ) However, I reminded him she's probably trying to get some business for her doula practice....or maybe she's really just that nice! Being that Tim and I are both absorbers of (at times) too much information, I think we've landed ourselves in the right place. At least, I know I have. She has only intensified my need for more answers to new questions I'd never thought of before.
So, 5 more weeks to go, and away we are ready to birth a baby. I wish it were as simple as that sounds. Here are a few "prego" pics to enjoy...these were taken about a month ago.



-H

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking beautiful and glowingly pregnant! I added you to my blog list link, hope you don't mind!

lani said...

i do love that blouse... :)

Sarah Rahija said...

LOVE the room! I have been thinking that I'd like to paint some in the girls' room before #3 arrives, but am having some difficulty choosing what to do. I need you, my decoratingly-gifted friends to come help! We have a sleeping room and a play room, and I think we are thinking about bunk beds for when the baby needs the crib (as Avery is still sleeping in the crib right now, and we'll use a bassinet right at the beginning). I'm garage saling and craigs listing and freecycling for the beds this summer (yes, I'm addicted!). We want the room to have a relaxing feel to it, but still be fun. The play room is in a castle theme, and is fun, even with some crayon on the wall :) I'll have to look up HGTV for some ideas!

Good job for taking the CB classes. My mom is an instructor, and she always has compliments from the docs that her students do so much better during labor/delivery than those who haven't had any prep. You guys will do great. And just remember, you can't have a worse doc than I did with Erin for delivery, so you'll have a great time! You're beautiful, Heidi!