Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, September 08, 2008

New Life=Less Time

For some of you, this post may confirm that I am indeed, still alive, and for others of you...you know I've just been barely keeping up with life these days. Kairis is keeping us all busy, but in very, very good ways. She's our largest blessing, and Tim and I are adoring our time together as a new family. For the sake of "catching up", I'm going to just bullet point some highlights the past couple weeks and of course, include some adorable pictures for your enjoyment as well!

-Tim's family visited us for a week, last week. It was wonderful to spend some quality time with them, and have them be a part of our daughter's life.

-Dinner at our dear friends, Paul and Julie's home. Julie made Kairis a beautiful quilt that we're loving.

-Ikea! Kairis has been to Ikea 3 times already! :) I think she loves the store more than I do...

-Kairis smiled at me for the first time on my birthday, last Wednesday. I was changing her diaper and clothes that morning, and she was just beaming up at me.

-Tim and I are buying a "new-to-us" car on Thursday. It's quite a story, but essentially, we're trading our Toyota Corolla for a Honda Accord wagon. We're now going to be a "two wagon family"...maybe we'll think about changing our blog name soon. :) (and yes, it is kind-of a craigslist find for those who have asked)

-Kairis is an amazing sleeper. She needs her sleep as much as I do, and I am thankful God is blessing us with 5-7 hour stretches of sleep at night.

-Tim and I celebrate 5 years of life together on Saturday, the 13th. We're hoping to take Kairis to the beach for the first time...we'll see. :)

I will start responding to facebook comments and emails when I have another free moment...right now, we're just enjoying our spare moments and then some with our new addition.

5 comments:

lani said...

it was so fun to get to hang out with your parents! hope sunday went well - see you soon...

:)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you are all still here! ;) It takes awhile to adjust to a new addition, but so very worth it, huh? Congrats on the "new" car. Hopefully we will get our "new" car tomorrow. I'll keep you updated if/when we do!

Jon and Erin said...

Thanks for the up-date. I'll be emailing soon about getting together. This week is just busy!

Rejchrts said...

Love the new pics!! I am so glad that things are going well for you guys. That little girl of yours is so precious!! Talk to you soon.

Sarah Rahija said...

Thanks for the update! Aren't smiles the best?! I am relearning how to do things one/no hands and it helps -- I'm typing left hand only right now as Ember's having a snack! Enjoy the rest of the week, and have a great weekend. David and I (and Ember) are attending a "Love and Respect" Conference on Friday/Sat, which I'm looking forward to greatly -- adult time! Enjoy the beach!