Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, January 12, 2009

2008: a year in pictures.

January:

2007 ended with news that we were expecting, or as we told my parents, we were "starting a bakery".





We quickly started "preparing" with a complete home remodel. (thanks a TON to Mckenzie!)




February:

The banana stained kitchen countertops needed to be gone, so we put in black granite tiles and a new laminate floor!...



...until I hooked up the ice-maker wrong and flooded the downstairs.



We decided to do more than the kitchen.



Our critics were pleased!



All the while, Heidi's belly grew.




March:


Our ultrasound reveals a girl is in our future!



Heidi began treating applesauce like gravy pouring it over any meal,



the office became a baby room and began to take new shape,



And the belly kept growing...




April:


Snickers began to not fit on Heidi's lap anymore, but tried nonetheless.



We got some great maternity photos from Lani (http://cielbluphoto.com/).



May:


Tim grew some lipular forrestation for a psychology class. The 'stache didn't stay very long as the "nose neighbor" had very few admirers.



We went to the beach with some friends for Tim's birthday and stayed at a cute little home with only a bathroom door...




June:


June was full of flowers...



Showers...



Snuggles...



And still the belly grew...




July:


We got more photos from Lani,



Snickers passed away,



and Emma tried to find a new home.



And the belly grew...




August:


The belly popped!



we met our little Kairis Elysa for the first time.



Momma's "tuna cakes",



Daddy's "corn-bug",



And the baby grew...




September:


September was full of firsts. First trip to IKEA...



First meeting Papa and Grandma Thomas...



First night away from mom and dad while they stayed downtown for their 5th Anniversary. (Thank you Joel and Lani)



The New Thomas Family.




October:


First smiles...



First trip to the Pumpkin Patch...



First visit from Aunt Angel...



First trip to the beach...



and First Halloween.




November:


First trip to Multnomah Falls...



Resting with mom while she finishes the Harry Potter books...



and Picking out a Christmas Tree!



December:


First snow...



First snow to lock up Portland in a long time...



First snow all three of us have ever seen on the beach...



First "sled" ride...



First Christmas!



We thought it would be fun to go for a first swim...



Yes the outdoor pool was heated, but it was still too cold...



so we went swimming where it was warmer.



Christmas turkey (I mean turkeys)...



First carousel ride, and the first time meeting Aunt Karen and Aunt Mary.



Our first family Christmas at the Beach!



(We had a relaxing time.)




I hope God blesses all of you as He has us this previous year. May you have many more memorable moments in 2009! Feel free to randomly choose a post from the past to look back on all of our adventures, there are many of them. (many much moosen!)

-T

9 comments:

Erin said...

What a great post! I enjoyed looking back over your last year...what a great family He has blessed you with Tim!

Kristi said...

that was a great post...I'd copy but I can't even remember what happend last week!

lani said...

great idea, tim! i'm totally stealing it next year! :)
i LOVED seeing all the new pics!

random questions:

when on earth did you get that belly shot of heidi in front of our shed doors?! i don't remember that at all - were we there for that?

the last belly shot: was that when you guys left for the hospital?

end of random questions. :)

lani said...

oh - and i love the one of heidi at the beach with the hair clip on her coat! too funny...

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Oh my....I am rolling with laughter over some of these photos and captions Tim mentioned....I love my creative husband, even when he embarrasses me with silly pictures sometimes! ;)

Lani, Tim took that belly shot in front of your shed doors sometime in July I believe...it was taken as we pulled into your driveway, and right before we entered in through the back door of your home...yes, you guys were home, just oblivious to our photo session! :) And, yes, the other belly shot was taken at around 1am or so, in between contractions, right before hopping in the car for the hospital. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Rejchrts said...

I loved reading this post. What a great year. Hope you have just as good of one this year. Thanks for sharing!

Amie said...

What a year to remember! Thanks for showing us these neat pictures!

Angel said...

What an awesome way to document your year!! I love it!! Hope K gets to feeling better. I will be praying for her in the mornings as I make dough. :-)
Keep us posted and H, I hope you are getting rest when she is. :-)