Well, our little girl has been fairly sick the past week. She acquired a mild cold on Monday and by Tuesday evening she was throwing up mucous and milk. Poor thing. She declined rapidly Wednesday, and after a visit with Dr. Joel, she was diagnosed with an ear infection. Thursday came and went...and we ended up in the ER with her most of Thursday night treating dehydration, vomiting, and a slew of other cold-flu related symptoms. Yeah, trying to hydrate a child who is throwing up constantly and/or spitting out liquid deemed impossible to this mom, as did it to the ER nurses. *whew*, I was going to be one unhappy mama if the nurses showed me up on this one! She was such a trooper, as were her parents, might I add...;) She received IV fluids, got chest x-rays, and gave (rather unwillingly) a mucous sample via extreme suction through this vacuum like machine....
(showing off her cool Dora band-aid)
Our poor peanut was diagnosed with RSV, a somewhat common "kids under the age of 2" type respiratory virus. It creates lots of mucous, which in turn spurs on vomiting, coughing and other ailments. So, we're keeping our eyes on her closely, as breathing difficulties aren't uncommon in RSV patients. It's been a long week so far...and unfortunately this virus is proven to stick around awhile. We are very thankful for an awesome Pediatrician who makes himself available to us via email, cell phone and urgent office visits!
On another note...Tim is remodeling our attic. It's the last "room" in the house we haven't touched, and we're getting antsy for more home projects. Since it's not the time to sell our sweet abode, Tim thought, since he has all the supplies through his work (for free!) that we should make our attic a glorified storage space, with real walls, paint, carpet, electricity...yeah, the works! So, aside from part of it being used for storage, the main room will be a fun little retreat for us to read together. I'm looking forward to this remodel, and can't wait to see the finished product! I'm just hoping I don't hear Tim tell me on the phone that he thought he saw the ceiling move...again! :)
6 comments:
Poor girl! Adelynn had something like this when she was brand new and ended up back in the hospital...it's a scary thing when your little one can't breathe! I'll be praying. I didn't know you guys even had an attic! What a cool idea to turn it in to useable space! Is it easily accessible? If Tim runs out of stuff to do at your house and gets antsy, you can always send him over here..we have an endless list. =)
I'll be praying for the 3 of you. Glad you have a great Doc!!
Not fun!!! Both boys had RSV right before Christmas, they were so miserable. Praying for a complete and rapid healing for her.
i'm so glad she's feeling better finally.
...and that the attic is still firmly in place. ;)
Sorry to hear about the RSV, its nasty stuff. We had a pretty bad outbreak at the hospital last year and I did more chest x-rays on little ones than I ever wanted. We are praying that she gets better soon! Sounds like she was a real trooper with her first official hospital visit!
Oh you poor parents! Taking your sick child to the hospital is so overwhelming and scary! I hope she is feeling better by now.
Post a Comment