Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Lovely Weekend...

Kairis is back to her sweet self, to which we are very grateful. We enjoyed a relaxing weekend together, as a family. Friday evening Tim and I relaxed and sat back to watch the Inauguration which I had taped earlier in the week. After all, it's history...and it's not every day an event like this takes place. Though, I must admit, I did fall asleep half way through Obama's speech, not because it wasn't interesting, but mainly because I was one tired mom that had a long week and a half of caring for a sick girl. I'm sure Obama would understand. ;)



Anyway...back to the pizza I made Friday night. We had this great idea of making home-made pizza and having artichoke hearts on it, and all. So, being that I had never cooked or prepared an artichoke before, I bought a whole artichoke at the store for $2.50. I didn't think that was a bad price, after all, artichokes are awesome! So, I googled how to prep artichokes, called a friend who I thought would know, and still didn't feel comfortable with the whole process. So, after destroying nearly the entire artichoke, (I boiled the leaves for a LONG time), I was finally able to get some of the artichoke hearts out and onto the pizza. I think next time I'll just skip past the fresh produce aisle and go straight for the jarred artichoke hearts. This pizza was awesome, though, and would have been even better with more garlic. I used garlic, olive oil, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, chicken, olives, spinach and...artichoke hearts on a home-made pizza crust. Yum-o!
In other news, I finished my first academic year at Warner last Thursday evening. Tim graduates in August with his BA in Human Development/Family Studies and has applied for the MAT teaching program that starts in October. We're really excited for this next stage. I'm proud of my hard-working husband. He's incredible!

3 comments:

lani said...

"yum-o" ???
oh dear.

oh dear, dear, dear... :|

Jessica said...

I'm 100% sure the ergo is more comfortable than the snuggli...but it's also 3 times more expensive, lol! I tried my Peanut Shell a few times but she just wanted to face me, not on my side but right in front, so we got stuck with the snuggli, doh! Thanks for your nice comment!

mary said...

Hey! Love the pics! Congrats on finishing your classes Heidi! That must be a good feeling.
Cool on the bachelors Tim! We'll be done with the BA at the same time! Yea!
Once you go to MAT teaching? How long will you be there?