Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day & Kairis Dedication



Wow, what a full weekend I'm coming off of...



We enjoyed mucho family time together this weekend. We had dinner in a park Friday evening, and Kairis played in the grass while Tim and I played frisbee. What fun we had! We're way better at frisbee than I remember us being last year (probably cause I was prego)...we're looking forward to many more frisbee games in the near future.






Saturday we enjoyed a leisurely morning, and then went to Laurelhurst Park and had another picnic lunch. We also found a baby consignment/boutique store in NE that's called Mama's and Papa's. A really cool place with high quality children's clothing/wooden toys that strives to be good stewards of our beautiful environment. They also consign maternity clothing and women's clothing. Though, the selection is small, the shop owner has great taste, and an excellent value for good quality used clothing. I'll definitely return. Saturday evening, Tim and I enjoyed an evening out together. This is the first time in a few months...and it was SO fun! We really need to do this more often. My mom and aunt watched Kairis here, and though Kairis had a miserable time, they managed to get her to sleep for the night. I was glad to see my baby Sunday morning, waking up so happy, as if nothing went wrong the night before! Ha! :) Tim and I had the opportunity to go to a dinner auction at our church to support a young gal needing a kidney transplant. It was a lot of fun, bidding on items during the silent auction, and wishfully thinking we'd win items in the live auction. ;)







Sunday morning....Mother's Day. Every year on this day, our church had a baby dedication for any parents interested in dedicating their children to the Lord. My mom and aunt were in attendance, and able to witness this special moment for our family. Lani took some photos for us, so I'll post them when I have a chance. After church, we spent the day at my grandparents home with my mom. It was a leisurely day spent eating bbq, planting tomatoes, dreaming of our garden crops this year, playing apples to apples and laughing out loud at the "off the wall" comments my grandma tends to make. She's hilarious. Even more hilarious when playing apples to apples though, I might add. I had a lovely Mother's Day, and was given a gift cert. for a Swedish massage at my favorite spa. Wow!! I think I'll be using that at the end of the 4 week boot camp. ;)

1 comment:

lani said...

sounds like such a lovely weekend! i'm glad you guys had time to relax. way cute pics of k - especially the piano ones (of course)! ;)