Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Friday, May 08, 2009

What are you doing at 5:30am?

Feeding a baby, reading, eating breakfast....sleeping perhaps? Not me! I'm out in the wilderness at 5:30am in what it is endearingly known as "boot camp". Yeah, I joined the Army.

Or, at least it feels that way. A small group of gals and I are being trained in a "pilot" group that is being led by a top notch personal trainer friend of mine, who wanted to test out this program on a few willing souls. No, I was not paid for this. I promise.

I started yesterday, and it's 3 days a week for the next 4 weeks. I think I might look like Angelina Jolie by the time I'm done. At least one can hope, right? After I got home yesterday morning, I went back to bed and just moaned in agony for about 10 minutes until Kairis woke up. I have honestly never felt this many muscles in my body, aside from giving birth 9 months ago, today. I must say though, getting up before the sun rises and working out, outside is an amazing thing that I hope to be able to do even after 4 weeks of intense training.

On another note...Kairis is 9 months today! I can hardly believe it. 9 months. That's just 3 months shy of 1 year. Is that possible? I thought my 9 month pregnancy went fast, but this....I think I'm going to spend the next 3 months doing nothing but enjoying her so that I don't feel like I miss anything. Ha, I wish it were just that easy. A few things that I'm enjoying about my sweet girl in her 9 month glory....watching her try and cruise from the table to the couch without falling, having her sleep through the night, hearing her say "mama" and "dada", dancing to classical music together and watching her little face light up and her feet and arms move in rhythm, making her giggle, and just snuggling with her in the rocking chair while she falls asleep in my arms.



4 comments:

lani said...

hey! i didn't know you were doing the boot-camp-thing - curious to hear how it goes! :)
i can't believe how fast k is changing right now - her new moves are so fun! i'm really glad you're taking the time to enjoy her. ;)

Jon and Erin said...

Thanks for pushing me today...Honestly I don't think I want to look like Angelina Jolie. I like my lips the way they are! My hips are another matter! What a big girl you have there. I love the pictures

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

haha, Erin--I totally agree. I haven't seen Jolie lately, but I can only imagine. ;) It's fun having you there in the mornings...you motivated me as much as I motivated you...here's to a shorter 1 mile run next time around! ;)

Kristi said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of the boot camp thing...right up my ally and I wanted to do it, but too expensive right now. have fun though!