Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Randomness

It's 10:13pm, and this is the earliest I've been thinking about going to bed in months. Maybe years. We're doing well...despite lots of sleepless nights from time to time. Every time I find myself rocking Kairis back to sleep in the middle of the night, I remind myself that this won't be FOREVER, and to just savor these moments. I can usually mentally handle it after I think about that, for which I'm thankful. And, when I can't mentally handle it, I call out for Tim, and he comes to mine and K's rescue and gladly takes over. I love him so! Motherhood is the best.....need I say more? Kairis just got two more bottom teeth, evening out on the top and bottom gums now, four each. Tim's MAT's program is great; he just taught his first lesson to a class of "4th graders" on The Constitution. Sounds like fun learning to me! :) I'm keeping busy too, but with the same kind of "mom" stuff these days. I'm taking K to the library weekly for story time now, and we're both loving it. I'm currently in the middle of about seven books (non fiction) and trying desperately to finish at least one of them. Tim and I are enjoying being a part of a grace group at church, and we're currently watching Marc Driscoll's "Peasant Princess" series. Good stuff. Now that Kairis is walking everywhere, she's really starting to be more extroverted in personality. It's fun to watch her discover people, and just develop into this lovely little girl. Well, this concludes a very random catch up blog from the Thomas family....more stories to come, including excursions at the pumpkin patch!


10/12/09-I asked Kairis to smile and this is what she gave me. *love it*!

10/03/09-Tim, Kairis and I on a Saturday coffee date together. This is Kairis' expression when she spontaneously screams. :)

9/27/09-Eating at Sweet Tomatoes with my mom. Check out K's cute pig tails. I love that her hair is just long enough for two little sprouts.


9/25/09-Kairis loves sucking on lemons. She got this from her mom....

9/25/09-Tim's sister, and K's Aunt Mary bought her these adorable skeleton pajamas for her birthday. There are bones on the top and bottom front of these pjs, and the best part of all--the bones glow in the dark!!! She's listening to her musical beatrix potter rabbit in this picture--one of her favorite things to do.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Seven non-fiction books at one time? Wow, that is impressive. Do you recommend any of them?

lani said...

sucking on lemons??? ew! :D

Kristi said...

I have a request to make...On my computer it is really hard to read the words...would you be able to change the background color? =)

Kristi said...

Hey you did it!! Thanks! Much easier now! =)