Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Detour...(from Heidi's perspective)


So, I thought I'd let Tim's blog settle in for a few days before I jumped in with my thoughts! (as for the camo pics, don't ask! If I told you what Tim and I were up to one evening....I just might have to kill you) :) I am really excited for Tim's new journey...really, our new journey. This is an exciting time for us, and we are continually astounded at how God is directing us. For those of you who know me well, you're probably wondering what my ideas are, and career direction. The past 5 or 6 months, I've been taking a couple math courses, in pursuit of my Nursing degree. Though, I was totally enjoying school, and excited to be pursuing my vocational dreams, God was...is...peparing and pursuing my heart with new dreams and desires! I am being patient right now, as I don't want to jump at the next best thing that I think might be fun to fill my time with, come this fall. I, like Tim (and actually, WITH Tim) am reading some personality/strength books that are absolutely intriguing to us. It's a sweet time for us, as we are growing deeply together. I can't pin point what my time will look like in the fall, but I think it's fairly safe to say I will be working full time between two nanny related jobs. I have recently been hired by a family with 3 month old boy/girl twins in Fairview (2 miles from home!). I am loving my job! I work with Jackson and Jillian (I know....Jack and Jill....no comment) two full days a week. I also have two other offers for nanny positions that will start up at the beginning of September, when my other position comes to an end with Shireen and Sara. There are quite a few details that are yet to be determined. We are trying to be patient and wait for God's timing.
For now, I am enjoying reading some books that I've put on hold for 6 months. It's been extremely hot here, (think 100's!), so last night we broke down and bought an air conditioning unit on craigslist for $40. It's like new, and a God-send!!! There is at least a 20 degree difference between our bedroom and hallway, thanks to our window unit. I will leave you with some fun pics over the past few weeks....we covet your prayers, and will keep you posted as to what the next step looks like for us in this journey. -H

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for your side Heidi! (Although, nothing you said was a surprise to me after talking with you) Cute pics. Jackson and Jillian sort of redeems Jack and Jill. Although this is what the will probably be called, huh?

lani said...

:)

always praying for you guys ~

(have to kill us, whatev! & don't you DARE tell!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

i continue to be blessed as i get to read about you guys just following Jesus and loving Him and each other and your community. That's what its all about. Rock on Tim and Heidi! Love from WA!! Megan Howell God bless you as you begin a new chapter!!!