
and Silly.

Now, in all seriousness, I have been evaluating my life, my goals and searching my heart for what God truly desires of me and how I can best glorify him with my life. That is encompassed in my work and will share some thoughts after a year's worth of prayer, research and reading.
Life goes by fast,

Much faster that I had expected. I didn't think I would be nearing 30 and finally see a clearer picture of how my life fits in God's larger plan.
And while I have been shopping around for a long time for the "perfect" job...

I have realized that God asks nothing more of us than to use the skills and desires he has planted in us to glorify Him.
Mark 12:30-31 says: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'There is no commandment greater than these."
I have decided that while I love media (music, arts, drama, video and audio creation as well as photography and design) and ministry, I need to see how I can provide for a family in doing that.
After much prayer and though between Heidi and I, I will be returning to school again this fall. This time to pursue a degree in Bible Theology and Teaching. I am enrolled at Multnomah Bible College and will be completing a teaching degree with minor in Bible. I will be qualified and equipped to serve in a ministry as Ministry Arts Pastor (with media growing, larger churches offer these positions and our church may eventually get there in a couple of years). I will also be equipped to serve as a teacher from K-6 grade where I can use my creativity to engage and help others (plus I can get summers off!)
It is not that I don't enjoy radio, but It is an unstable job and I feel even though I get to use my creativity in creative commercials, It isn't always edifying. I don't feel right about using the creativity God has given me to tell someone they aren't good enough unless they buy this new product. Some people have to sell and sales is a good job, but my hard-wiring is that of genuine people service. My tank fills up when I know I have helped someone. I get joy when I see someone else's light come on. In radio, I am less engaged and sorta behind a glass wall.
I have been learning lot about how I am wired and that has really helped me to see how I can bless God back from all He has dome for me.
So, while I have a new direction in mind, and changes are on the horizon, I promise, I won't wear silly pants like these anymore.

Continue your prayers for us as we both settle in new roles and take steps in a new more deliberate and puropseful journey.
-T
4 comments:
Does this mean that you've been accepted into Multnomah? If so, congratulations! From this post and my conversations with Heidi, I'd say that God has you both on the right track and going in the right direction. I'm proud of you both!
A tough decision I'm sure, but good for you! We know that you will succeed in that venue! Good luck in your new classes and we will continue to pray for you both as you begin the new journey!
Tim,
I know you have been in a lot of thought about what to do with your life. I know that as I approach 30 next year, it seems as if I am already 55. I am glad that you are approaching this with the mindset that you will use God's gifts and that He will guide you to whatever His will is.
I will definately be praying that you find what you are looking for; the knowledge that you are serving Him with all you have.
Just remember that God promises He will take care of you if you follow Him. He never promises wealth or financial security. He only promises that if you follow Him with all your heart, that He will give you what your heart desires.
I love you and will be praying for you. Devotiing yourself to ministry is a risky and sacrificial thing. You can be assured of our support and prayers!!
All our love!!
i'm so excited for y'all! you continue to have our prayers and full support.
:)
Post a Comment