Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

All Tie-d Up

It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity to blog. In the past month or so, I have worked extra overtime because our Office Manager, Lani got run off the road. Let me explain. She was walking to work and a truck pulled out to turn right. She saw him slowing down and assumed he would stop. so she crossed the innersection. Now, as she started across the street, he took off. She jumped back, he rolled over her foot, saw her and hit the brakes... with her foot still under the tire. OUCH!! needless to say, Poor Lani was out for the next 2 weeks and only in the past 2 weeks has she been able to work full days.

On top of that, I have been gaining extra credit on my Old Testament class by dressing up. As you can see in these next 3 photos, I have some pretty crazy ties. This one is from Goodwill


This one is the ugly one Heidi picked out

And this one is an ugly one I picked out. I wore this one just last Thursday. It has red cats on it. I wore it in honor of Graceful Tompkins. I know she likes animals and the cats are red since Thursday she was undergoing a major heart surgery in Houston TX.
For those who don't know, Graceful is the 1 yr old daughter of our good friends McKenzie and Kristy. Her surgery was successful Thursday and she is recovering as we speak, but it is not just as cut and dry as that sounds. She is still battling MAJOR things before she can come home and probably won't be back until the end of November or early December. If you guys are reading, be encouraged that we think of you and pray for you daily.

In other news, We had Aaron Strumpel come to town and between Ben and I with mostly Matt, we pulled off an awesome night of worship and music. The turnout was pretty good on a 2 week notice and God really blessed us with a successful concert. Hopefully this video will work.

Also, for those who aren't local and haven't met our new Worship Director, I will post a photo of He and I next time. We're almost like brothers.

Fun photos from the Childeren's Harvest party with the kids Heidi nanny's for this is Marissa, Garrett and Garrett's friend along with Heidi and I.


Here is another good picture with friend of mine Braeden. His dad and I meet on a regular basis to talk life and build one another up.

Finally, be praying for both Heidi and I as we travel this next week for Thanksgiving. We usually take a week off for our Anniversary, but this year things were different. So, it has been postponed til Thanksgiving, but we are excited to just take a week to be together. In about a month, we'll take another trip to see Mom and Dad and the family for Christmas! Pray also for us as we are both students again. Heidi has started a great program I'll have her tell you about later, and I am at Multnomah Bible College, but after this first semester working part time and doing school full time plus trying to sleep and stay married, this next semester things will be different. Would you expect any less though? Heidi and I are all about growth and change! I know I will be focusing more attention to the teaching part of my degree now, but what that looks like exactly is still up in the air. Pray that God will by his sovereign hand guide us to be more like him in all things and that I get out of school soon! Check out our prayer from previous posting for a good laugh. It is accurate for most any student nearing Finals week!

Love you all! We'll keep in touch on the blog so stay tuned!

4 comments:

lani said...

nice pics! you are going to keep wearing the ties to work next semester, right???

oh, and the poem was cute too...

:)

Anonymous said...

Braeden was sooooo excited to see himself on your blog! He can't wait to spend some time with you guys! I'll call Heidi and tell her the latest on dates. :)
Andrea

mary said...

love the pics! Those are some sweet lookin ties! I'm wishing that I could wear one! :)
The student prayer is so fitting with finals drawing so close! Thurs was my last day of class til Nov 26! Yea!! I hope that school is going well for you both!
Soiunds like you guys are busy busy busy! I'm glad that you'll be able to take a break to spend some time with each other. That will be nice.
Excited to see you in dec!

Sarah Rahija said...

Hey - I know I've posted, like 4 times today, but wondered, if you have an extra moment while in Kansas to see some Kansas Craigs Listers :) Don't know what your schedule will be, or when you'll be here, but we'd love to see you! Erin is forgetting some of our friends, so we are trying to do a better job of keeping up with them! So glad for little Graceful, and as always, thanks for the smile your entries bring! Love you both!