We have been tagged. Not our building but the one right across the parking lot in our Condo complex. I got up Thursday morning and meet Jessie for breakfast. When he left, (about 6:30am) I drove off to work. I turned out of our parking lot and headed up the hill to work when I noticed a 6ft tall by 15ft wide rattle-can masterpiece. For a limited time, this logo put a little fear in us about "how safe is our neighborhood?" It was there until this afternoon when the Treehill Board rollered and brushed it away with a fresh coat of ugly tan paint.
The location was street-side, but between the building and street is a grove of blackberry bushes. No car driving by would have noticed the vandal, nor would anyone in their homes have been able to see it. Eric, our neighbor to the left, could be the only window to see that plot of dirt where the artist stood to spray his passion.
I notified the Board about this, and showed it to Heidi. A couple hours after I spoke with the Maintenance guy about it, a Gang/Graffiti Specialist Officer came to the door and spoke with Heidi. Being an expert in the field and studying these images all over Portland, He could actually translate what it said and what it meant, even pinpointing styles to what race and gender creating it! Turns out, it wasn't a gang sign at all, but a declaration of love. Just as we used to carve "T+H" on a tree in the center of a heart, this suposed High/Middle Schooler found a new way to express his love. According to the specialist, our "tag" turned out to be "I love Jennifer".
So Jennifer, I don't know who you are, but maybe you should convince your significant other to start buying boxes of chocolates or sappy romance cards. (Although I guess it's better than "Billy Bob loves Charlene...in John Deere green).
No comments:
Post a Comment