Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Achievements

There has been a lot going on here in the Thomas family, and I am very proud a a certain girl. Of course I am proud of my wonderful daughter Kairis, but tonight, I am honoring another inspirational girl. One who has convinced my wife and I to run 13.1 miles.
I am speaking of my sister Karen.





She flew out to visit us this past weekend and ran a 26.2 mile marathon in Seattle. did you hear that?
26.2 MILES! I don't even think I drive that to work in a week!




Karen is my middle younger sister who teaches in Dodge City Kansas. I am very proud of her for running that far (and I even feel bad that while she was out running miles 15-20, Heidi and I were enjoying a latte' in a little coffee shop).

So, Karen, here's to you. to your accomplishment. to proving your determination, your strength, your courage, and your maturity. Kudos to you man! you did a spectacular job!
We are looking forward to joining you next year in the half-marathon.


Here are a few photos to share.













Congratulations Karen! We are proud of you!

-T

2 comments:

mary said...

Wish I could have been there to help cheer her on but am so proud of you too Karen! Glad you guys were there to share in her awesome accomplishment! Sounds like you had a good time!

Angel said...

Ditto!! I think Karen is an inspiration to us all!! So wish we could have been there like we had originally planned, but obviously this trip was meant to be special for all 4 of you and that thrills my heart! thanks for sharing so much! Karen, when and if you read this, we do find so much inspiration from you. You are such an amazing person and I wish I had as much determination and self confidence as you do. You are a gift to the world and a treasure to my life!! Love you all!