Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life's Happenings...

Bear with me as I attempt to catch up on our blog...I am still stuck in June, when Karen came out to run a marathon in Seattle. I am probably doing this more for my benefit, than all of yours, as I have these jumbled memories and pictures in my mind I need to just get out...so, what better place than our blog, right?

6/26 Day before Marathon, with sister-in-law, Karen.

6/26 Dinner at "Mazzio's Little Italy" night before marathon. Doesn't K look all grown up?

6/27 K sleeping in her "marathon" clothes for the next morning's big run! Go "Team 413"!


6/27 Morning of Marathon, loading car on our way out...4:45am.

6/27 Dropped Karen off, now heading out to mile post 14 to watch Karen come by! (2.5 hours later...)





6/27 Taking a break at a coffee shop for lunch, while Karen finished the last of her leg.





6/27 Karen coming through the finish line...26.2 miles later!






Okay...I'll post our third day in Seattle soon, in a separate post as this is already a long winded post!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Did you say 4:45 am? I didn't realize there was one of those. Wow, must be a lot of love in your family to be smiling like that at a time like that... :)

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

@Brittany: Wow, my first comment from you! Thanks! :) We had to be up at 4:45am (when that pic was taken) and drive from Bellevue to downtown Seattle to drop her off at the race. The actual marathon didn't start till 7am, however traffic was atrocious as they're were over 35,000 runners! It was the Rock & Roll Marathon, and Karen ran for Samaritan's Purse Charity.