Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Shamrock Run!

I just looked at pictures from the past 3 months and realized just how behind I really am in blogging...

I'll try and catch up in the next few posts, but for now, I'll leave you with my most recent adventure! Running the 8K (5 miles) in the Shamrock Run in downtown Portland on Sunday. Proceeds went to Doernbecher Children's Hospital. I ran with my friend, Kara.
Her daughter, Solana is Kairis' close friend. I was super proud of myself and Kara-we ran the whole race! I am training for a half marathon on May 30th, so this was a good start for me to see where I'm at. I can't wait to run some more races in Portland in the coming months. Kairis loved cheering me on and was yelling "go! go! go!" most of the morning. It was the cutest thing to hear and gave me even more motivation to finish well.



Did I mention Tim's thoughtfulness yet? ;) He made Kairis and him the cutest shirts in support of me--I love how thoughtful he is. I had a surprise visitor at the end of my race too; Robert and Lena and their girls were waiting for us at the finish line. It was super sweet to see them too.




3 comments:

lani said...

love the pics - how fun! :) i'm excited for you!

Amy said...

Nice job, Heidi! I can't believe how grown up Kairis is looking! She's such a cutie. :)

Erin said...

Great job!!! Looks like you had fun too.