As most of you know, we have been busy people these days. As you can see, there isn't much in the way of counter space. Notice the pitcher. I will explain later. Here is our weekend and as always, some photos to share!
Last Thursday, The Subaru is "hopping" as Heidi would say. Not sure what it was, but we were getting sick of the 23mpg beast so we decided that if craigslist presented an option to sell our car and get a more gas efficient car that costs us nothing more than the sale of our car, it is worth it. This is probably the last time you'll see our Subaru.
Friday night (as we are housesitting) we get online and post the Subaru for above what it is worth. We get a few phone calls on the car and phone call from our friends Joe and Deana who tell us the exciting news of baby Benjamin. He looks like his dad!
Heidi also HAD to hold the little guy, so Saturday, we went to visit them Saturday in the hospital. Congrats to Joe and Deana!
Saturday we also looked at a car and accepted an offer on our Subaru. We checked out the car and thought about making an offer on it, but another option opened up later that night. First we had to see Rebecca St. James and Delerious in concert. AWESOME.
Sunday I played drums at church and while playing "Everlasting God" I broke a stick (I love it when that happens!) I gave it to a young aspiring drummer, Sam. That afternoon, we drove to Oregon City to see another Corolla. This one a winner! (We'll introduce you to the latest member of the family with pictures on a later post) It was under what we got for our Subaru, but only enough to pay DEQ and DMV with a grand total of $8 profit. (not to mention what we will be saving in gas!)
Finally we end Sunday night with Dance lessons from Rick. (Thanks for posing guys, Tyler you're famous!)
So, you can tell now why our kitchen is a mess and why it was necessary to fill our Britta water pitcher in the tub. Yes I said tub. Recently we have been so busy that our kitchen has become what looks like Hiroshima! I was such a disaster that the only way to get drinking water in our pitcher was to go to the shower!
Things are about to slow down though, this is spring break week, and things will be different soon.
-T
No comments:
Post a Comment