Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Friday, March 02, 2007

What A Week...or Month?

I know I'm not the only one who feels as if their week was a tornado in disguise...that's how I've been feeling the past 3 weeks! The past few weeks, (actually, 2 months) my head has been stuck in a math book, as I'm in my 8th week of my winter term math class. I have decided, once again, to pursue a Nursing career! Tim and I are excited about this new adventure, and are financially preparing/planning for me to be in school full time in the fall. That's been the biggest change of all in my life, this past month, and though, it's more difficult for me time-wise, I feel excited to be devoting so much of my time to one of my passions. There have been quite a few significant changes the past few weeks--hopefully, I'll be able to stay more organized with blogging these out individually in the future, so I don't bombard you all with new news!! :) Here are a few updates:
*I am taking my medication for the tumor, and it's working!!! I am also taking quite a few food supplements, through Shaklee. The energy and health I have are a true blessing. I have a Dr.'s appt. next Friday, and had my blood drawn yesterday.
*I have a second nanny job that I started on Monday. The second family I took on, (Lena's neighbors) aren't needing me in the afternoons due to a sale of their new business, so I found something (actually, God delivered it to me via craigslist!!!) that just happens to be in the same neighborhood as I already work (Sunnyside), for 12 hours a week. I care for a 4 month old boy named Aiden. He's adorable, and I am enjoying my time with him. The schedule is a perfect fit during the afternoons, and allows me to continue my schooling.
Those are the big changes currently. Tim and I have been cherishing our weekends together, and have been enjoying a new friendship with Joel and Lani Roberts, from Grace. Last weekend we went up to Ski Bowl (Mt. Hood) and had a huge snowball fight, and went sledding. What fun!!!! They are a true blessing, to Tim and I. We also enjoyed Shireen's 4th birthday party last Saturday. Hard to believe I started watching the girls when Shireen was 18 months!! I will post some pictures in a day or two. I have lots to share! For now, it's back to the books...I have lots of math homework to stare at. Oh, and also, I have a myspace account thanks to Lani for convincing me to enter the world of cyberspace. I will link it to our blog once I figure out how to. :)
-H

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Yea a new post!

Anonymous said...

* -that's a snowball. gotcha. you're very sweet. we had a such a great time with you guys last week - it was a huge blessing. praying for you as you begin your new job and everything that's going on right now - yay for good tornadoes !!! :)

:) lani