Thomas Family

Tim, Heidi and their darling daughter, Kairis. This is our family blog about how we do life....the ups and downs and everything in between!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The First Fruits of my "Labor"!

So, here are a couple pics of my garden. It has taken off, wildly, out of control....I actually had to zip tie some of the tomatoe branches to the tree!!! Anyway, I have my first ear of corn, long sweet green pepper, and two large tomatoes. Can't wait for more! My broccolli is starting to crown, and my oodles and oodles of peppers are blossoming and growing. It sure is fun! Who said you have to have a farm to raise a garden? :) I think my space is roughly 5'x5'. Next year, I might opt for a flower garden, as it will probably look more pleasing to the eye (and the neighbors) :) So, Tim and I are super excited for our church campout at the beach this weekend. We are sharing a site with Joel and Lani. It's always a great time of connecting, and community. I am making pumpkin pancakes with walnuts for breakfast over the fire Saturday morning. Should be interesting. Oh, I am once again changing our style out in the living room. I think it was a year ago now that I sold all of our living room furniture--well, thanks to IKEA Portland, I am doing it all over again. I have new inspiration, and just sold a table and chair set, our oversized chair, coffee table, and soon to be sold, our two matching loveseats. I also found an adorably, modern (those two words don't look like they should go together...) couch on craigslist, for an incredibly cheap price. My incredibly handsome, wonderfully smart husband picked it up for me in Longview, Washington yesterday. He is so thoughtful!!! Anyway, off with the old, and on with the new...or there-abouts. I am very excited to have our living room painted, and some new design taking place. Have a blessed day! -H

6 comments:

mary said...

How fun to have a garden full of wonderful foods that you grew yourself! I'm proud of you, I couldnt even get the lilies I planted to survive!
Post picture of the new setup! Sounds exciting!
We actually just rearranged our spare room cause we put up bunkbeds for the kids. I like the new setup and the kids are pumped about their new beds.
love you guys!

Kristi said...

You're crazy about your living room! You just painted it! Silly girl =) Congrats on your garden. I've seen in lots of magazines lately that people cram veggies in their garden along with flowers. I like that idea a lot..maybe it would be the best of both worlds for your little area next year!

Angel said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy.
I sure wish we could have a garden. We spent a day this May planting flowers and veggies in pots only to have the hoards of racoons at this place ransack all our pots. We have nothing to show. they even killed the rose bush chris got for me last valentines day. I was so upset. Anyways, so congrats to your goodies. I know how much you will enjoy them. Something to be said for eating your own work.:-)
all our love!!

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Great idea, Kristi! I might try mixing the flowers and veggies next season. Actually, our living room color is going to fit perfectly for my "new style". I need to have you over, and ask your advice, you style girl! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Praying for your home situation. Love, Heidi :)

lani said...

your garden just gets more and more beautiful!

can't wait to see the new couch ~ loved tim's story about getting it!

;)

Anonymous said...

I have a small garden spot and planted squash. You know how bit that gets! So I planted the giant zinnias behind so they can peek out over the top -- very pretty and colorful!